вторник, декември 25, 2012

Finished reading challenge: Mount TBR

Bev at My reader's block hostedthe awesome Mount TBR challenge. I spotted there a chance to reduce my pile of books waiting to be read and signed up. While I completed the challenge, sadly my stack of books is not smaller at all ( you will see in my TBR 2013 sign up post) . However, for 2012 I signed for Pike'd Peak which means 12 books that were in my possesion before the start of 2012
TBR mountain challenge
     
1.Dark Days - Derek Landy
2. Less Angel - Zotov
3. Son of Neptune - Rick Riordan
4. Fragile things - Neil Gaiman
5. Flyte - Angie Sage
6. Physik - Angie Sage
7. Queste - Angie Sage
8. Syren - Angie Sage
9. Царска заръка (King's order - I don't know how (if) this title is trranslated in English,  this is my guess)
10.Четвъртият артефакт (The forth artefact - as the previous title)
11. The following Thomas Brezina books from the series "This is a secret"
  • Madchen vor, noch ein Tor! (Boys vs Girls)
  •  Hilfe, ich bin Prinzessin! (Help. I'm a princess!) 
  •  Immer diese Eltern (Oh, those parents!)
  •  Klassenfahrt und Geisterkuss (To kiss a ghost)
  •  Ups, ich bin peinlich! (Love and Math)
  •  Die Schreckschrauben - Tante (The crazy aunt and the ghost)
  •  Was Spaß macht, ist verboten! (The third wish) 
  •  Schießt die Jungen auf den Mond!  (Let's send the boys on the moon!)
  •  Schlechte Noten gehören verboten! (All bad notes should be banned)
  •  Schokoeis mit Ketschup (Chocolate ice cream with ketchup)
  •   Brillenschlange und Zahnspangenziege (Mummy's kiss)
12. City of bones - Cassandra Clare
13.City of ashes - Cassandra Clare




Bev asked us to share some interesting moments during the climb. Well , I think I should mention the obvious fact that I have the habit of buying whole series of books without even knowing if I will like them. I guess normal people are getting the first one, reading it and then deciding if they should buy the rest or nor. But nope, not me.
Another notable mention - the Thomas Brezina series of books. First of all, again, the English titles aren't original - I translated the Bulgarian ones since I have no idea what the originals mean. All of them are about 150 pages each. And I read them (by accident. they started first. they made me) right in the middle of challenge where you were supposed to read books with 400 pages or more.

Bev also has a very interesting list of "life events" that should be filled using book titles. But I have no idea how to complete it using the 80+ title from the year overall, what's left using only these XD So I will leave you only with the list of my climo to Pike's Peak

In any case, this was one of my fav challenges this year and I'll be sure to sign up for the next one

Едно от любимите ми книжни предизвикателства тази година беше планината ТБР, хоствана от Бев. АЗ се записах да покоря най-ниския връх, Pike's Peak , който съответства на 12 книги, които са били на купчината за четене още отпреди началото на 2012. Ето ги и моите заглавия
1,Скълдъгъри Плезънт: Мрачни дни - Дерек Ланди
2, Епидемия в рая - Zotov
3, Синът на Нептун - Рик Риърдън
4, Чупливи неща - Нийл Геймън
5, Полет - Анджи Сейдж
6, Лечение - Анджи Сейдж
7, Търсене - Анджи Сейдж
8, Сирена - Анджи Сейдж
9, Царска заръка - Николай Теллалов
10, Четвъртият артефакт - Константин Старчев
11, Голяма част от поредицата на Томас Брецина "Шшш, това е тайна"
  •  Момичета срещу момчета, оле, оле, оле!
  •  Помощ, аз съм принцеса 
  •  Ох, тези родители
  •  Да целунеш призрак
  •  Любов и математика
  •  Шантавата леля и призракът
  •  Третото желание
  •  Изпратете момчетата на луната
  •  Лошите оценки да се забранят
  •   Шоколадов сладолед с кетчуп
  •  Целувка на мумия
12,Град от кости - Касандра Клеър
13, Град от пепел - Касандра Клеър

Може да ви направи впечатление голямото количество поредици. Имам неприятния навик да купувам по няколко книги от поредица, дори и без да съм прочела първата. Нормалните хора сигурно прочитат първия том, решават дали им харесва и след това нападат останалите. Да, ама аз пък не.
Друго любопитно нещо, съпътствало изкачването, е цялата поредица на Брецина. Всяка от книжките е дебела максимум 150 страници. И всичките ги прочетох (не съм аз виновна. Те първи започнаха. Те ме накараха.) точно по средата на предизвикателство, чиято цел беше да се четат книги с над 400 страници.

Записах се на това предизвикателство с надеждата да намаля купчините си с книги за четене, но в крайна сметка се оказа, че ще прекрача в новата 2013 с доста по-голям куп, отколкото миналата година. Ще се убедите сами в това от поста ми за записване за това предизвикателство за новата година :D Защото определено ще се включа пак!

     

1 коментар:

Bev Hankins каза...

Congratulations on finishing your climb! So glad you joined me in 2012 and good luck for 2013!

Related Posts with Thumbnails