четвъртък, август 16, 2012

Castle almost there and a box to show!

Hello there dears!
Not that I haven't post for a time long wnough for you to miss me, but all of these were done almost right after my previous post, so I somehow feel lazy not blogging about them.
Lets start with the box!
Yesterday one of my sisters best friends had a bday, so on Monday my sister asked me to make a fancy box to put the present in (a watch). I agreed, of course, and this is what I came up with:
As you see, I went after the freebie as promised . I just really like this colour combo. Somehow it has chococlate in it. The oroginal idea was to just printh the paper pattern on a sheet of cardboard and find a box  pattern to fold. But then I felt somewhat brave and decided, why not play with paper mechanics? Ok, mechanincs may be a bit too much, it's just building a box without a pattern. I just printed two of the sheets-supposed-to-be, and attached the box body to them. Not even very neatly, so I had to use the ribbon to cover it. But then again, I think it turned rather nice. I chose a sheet with blank space on the top, so that my sister and her friends could write a peronal massage, or stamp it. Guess what she chose. And it was a fast work, too. Actually the hardest part was the printer settings.

And after the box, onto the beading! The castle itself is almost ready, only the butterflies are left. This photo here is made on Tuesday, and since then I worked more on it. I'll take a pic tomorrow, who knows, maybe by then there will be a butterfly or two, too! The reason I'm so eager to work on the castle, is that I found out that I can use my smallet cross stitch needle instead on the beading needle. Yup, that's right. Blunt needle vs sharp needle, and the blunt wins. The fabric of the Castle is very soft linen of a high count with the picture stamped on it, and it's actually not only possible to work with a cross stitch needle, but very easy too!As of now, only a small part on the right of that face is left, so I'll be starting the butterflies very soon!
~~~~

Здравейте! Не е минало много време от предния пост, но на мен ми се струва, че  е - ащото тези снимки ги правих някъде понеделник-вторник, и сега ме гризе съвестта, че не поствах веднага.
Та какво имаме за отчет - най-напред - кутийка! Една от най-добрите приятелки на сестра ми имаше рожден ден, и тя ме помоли да направя кутийка, в която да поднесат подаръка (часовник). Естествено, приех, и набързо измайстроих.
Всичките елементи са от онова кафяво-синьо фрийби, за което писах в поста с блог кендито - freebie. Не знам защо, но в него има нещо шоколадено, и затова веднага си го харесах и исках да го ползвам за нещо. Първоначалната идея беше да принтирам основните хартии, да намеря схема за кутийка и така да я сглобя. Вместо това обаче реших да поекспериментирам - принтирах два елемента, предназначени за странички от скрабук албум, и ги скрепих едно към друго с около сантиметър високото тяло на кутийката. Е, не стана безупречно, всъщност синята панделка я добавих, за да скрия нескопосаното залепяне, но с нея крайният резултат е доста добър. Нарочно избрах за капаче лист с празно място, за да могат сестра ми и приятелките и да напишат лично поздравление или да сложат печатче по избор.

Другата точка от дневния ред е замъкът. А всъщност самия замък е почти готов - остава ми само малко парченце отдясно на онова лице, и почвам пеперудите. Големият ми ентусиазъм да работя върху този проект, се дължи на факта, че открих, че мога да ползвам игла за бродиране вместо игла за мъниста. Игла с тъп връх срещу с остър - победа! Сега не си изпобождам пръстите и работата върви доста по-бързо и весело. Та защо не - една пеперудка утре. :)

5 коментара:

♥ Nia каза...

Very creative box! An original gift package :D
Your castle looks very pretty!! :)
Have a great weekend sweetie!!

Zvetanka Shahanska каза...

Кутийката е супер! А замъкът е направо вълшебен! Разкош! Топчо, правиш вълшебни неща. Поздрави!
Nice, nice, nice!!!!

Anne каза...

Cute box Nina! I love it! And your castle too is stunning!!

rosey175 каза...

I thought the box was a gift tag at first, lol! It looks great!! :D

What. Smaller needles work?! Argh, I would've bought some if I had half a brain to realize this when working on Christmas Moth! I, too, would take blunt over stabby weapons of doom! BLA. The castle looks lovely and I'm sure now that you aren't poking yourself every stitch (just me?) it will teleport to completion!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname каза...

I love the moon and castle, it's such a lovely idea to bead a picture like that.

I always use a 28 needle for stitching and beading now. It makes life so much easier!

Related Posts with Thumbnails